Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

"We're never so vulnerable when we trust someone; but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy."

Walter Anderson

The world and its many enigmas. Aren't our society a quaint one? How hard is it to trust? Very, actually, considering I myself am guilty for that social flaw. Or is it a flaw? Being a being who is unable to trust wit that snap of a finger and wisp of a smile?

Many learn their lessons on skepticism through the hard ways. Some got off easy. The rest? Perhaps they think its just cool to mutter "I don't trust easily" with that brooded look and hair sashaying in their face. But yes, survival requires us to breed some distrust and the ability to cast doubt once in a while; considering the world today is filled with bad bad people.

(bad is such a teensy weeny understatement. honest)

"But my daddy told me not to say something to strangers!"


Nonetheless, I might have a theory or two about such people who are shadowed by their own distrust. Mebbe....
  1. ... some Sakai once lied to them as a child, saying it rain chocolate syrup every Friday.
  2. ... some Mommies let them watch "It" too many a times that they believe the world is a scary place
  3. or mebbe, some of them just never experienced trust.
(stop looking at me. I am theorizing, not relating my own story into this virtual page for public viewing kays? ishk! )

Henceforth, to be someone who stinge on trust issues, is actually quite a burdenful job. As quoted, we miss out a lot of things just to protect the comfort zone in which we stood steadfastly. To risk and to venture is not out of question, it's just uncomfortable for many. (=

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home