Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Last Friday seemed like a long wait. But I suppose the long wait was worth the wait in some ways. Hoever, Friday came. 12 noon came. And I am nowhere near home. *grumbles* stupid CAT.If you were alive I would had ripped out your fur in patches before dropping you in a paper shredder. *presuming you would take the form of a furry animal* But aside that, I am an animal lover kays? I do miss my very own bitchy feline who poofed out of our life recently. Hate that I miss you so. Nobody to smack d... )=


So I finally managed to start on that journey, anticipating masses of cars and jams and a carful of explicit language. Rather very definitely suprising is that I was wrong. No jam. Elek! But still, speed trap. Grrr! Tested the waters with 120. Anf I kid you not when I say my big toe actually cramped from my restrain to further step down that accelerator. The strain of two muscles. Clk.

But seeing no flashes of light from the side of the road after so so so long (past Machap), then I guess the only rational thing to do is to go with the flow (literally). Well folks, if you have never travelled from JB to KL or vice versa, lemme educate you on the highway connecting this two distinct cities. Its a two-lane road. On the left ladies and gents, its the 90-100 km/h zone. On your right, it's the 130-160++ zone.

Left (90-100 km/h) | (130-160++ km/h) Right

If you had to ask which lane did I fit, you dont really know me after all. (= With no speed trap and jam, it was quite a drive back home. Home to an empty house. I like. My babies were all home to welcome me back into existence. Such life.

Saturday crawled in briskly. There's just something about Taiping that keep its occupants in bed. Maybe its the weather. Maybe its the pace. Or maybe its just me. I think it was me cause by noon I was wrapped in blanket on the couch in front of my teevee sulking like a sick kid. And I do look horrendously sick kay? Whined to Jol on the rare occasion. Itu babi got cheesy on me. I instantaneously got sicker *barf* Nightime was not fun at all. Ironic that when I wished for a high fever back in JB, it never came. But when I planned to go Penang on Sunday, the pyrexia came oh-so-conveniently. Basket.

So fine. They say if the man in the market hands you a slab of pork, make porkchops. So fine, I was SO EVER READY to exploit my situation at hand. I was hoping to get sicker and sicker till I'm deemed dangerously unfit to drive back to JB. *grins* Then I can stay back, get my mom to pamper me, do more sleeping then finally go home after a week's rest with my dad's MC. It was a great plan alright? You will have to agree. But irony has a stronghold over my course of life. I was still sick on Sunday morning, preventing me to go Penang. BUT, *yes there's this hugeass BUT in my frigging sentence* by 3 pm I'm already super healthy. The appetite is back. The chills gone and I'm sweating like a pig.

Let's do this in slow motion okays? Wh....aa.....t.....the.......fuckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

Luckilly my life is not recorded in motion picture or I'll be one of the biggest joke in town. *Im not that pessimistic nor narcisisstic to think I'm the only one. Always know someone out there is way off than me XD*

So yes, Monday morning I'm more than healthy to drive back okays? Cause I regained my capacity to curse and procrastinate and rush and text while I drive. All these were dampened when I'm posed like a quivering bak chang on my couch. Gone was that 24 hrs of sick-role. Damn you immune system!

But of course, the entire weekend was not all floppish. I met yeongwei. Been a long while since I met her last. Coffee, talks and lulls in between. It was nice to have a non-medical related conversation. Something on the randomness, something on the relatedness. It was good. Then lunch with jas, my dah-ling food gps who always make me laugh in all situation *misses* Essentially, the weekend ended too early for me. Screw Merdeka. I had never celebrated it. Im not a patriot. I concur and admit. It's just another holiday for me... Didn't think the celebration was too grand this year either, well in comparison with S'pore's national day.

So on the eve of Merdeka, I was cooking pasta for my entire family who will be coming back from Hong Kong the next day when I'll be heading back to JB. *mind you, I'm not avoiding them* So yes, I was being a good kid packing food for the lot and rewarded myself with my dad's Riesling. Too tart for my liking and I dont think I was that healthy yet cause my stomach gave way after my telly-meal. WHY WHY WHY?????? So what's next? Sleep lo. Cause esok balik. Yer.

Ranted to jol and she MUST be psychic cause she warned me not to purposely make myself sick like I tried to in primary school. Hehehehehehehe. It didnt work then cause I was perfectly healthy. But I was so tempted to retest that hypothesis.

-What did I do back in primary school you ask?-

Well, I was being my rebelllious self not wanting to go to school and so I bathed with cold water and then stand under the fully-blasted aircond commando style till icycles formed (figuratively). Nothing happened also wan. Kns.

So it was Monday morning...Pack, rush and zoom zoom! I swear I did not drive dangerously not speed like a maniac kay? Honest! I was at a constant speed of 140km/h and yet I managed to save one bar of petrol. Even more amazing is the fact that I reached KL earlier than my ETA!

The benefits of constant high speed = Save petrol + Save time + Save space (faster reach so I dont occupy the highway)

I know. I am so considerate. Went with the intention to eat my pork noodle. But all those bloody holiday-goers is taking up too much space! Im intimidated by the masses. So I had to turn around lo and go somewhere else. Had coffee, read dawkins, met up with Adrian, went shopping but no sales. Again, WHY WHY WHY?

I went back in vain cause my laima wasnt even at home. Darn. Means those duckie stockings will remain with me still. Cacat. Left at 6. This time really expected jam and speedtrap. But it never came. Well, not that Im wishing for it really. But do you see the problem here? All my expectations somehow goes haywire! Its like I'm being reverse psychologized or something! Aish.... Nonetheless, I reached Jb in a record-breaking 2.5 hrs. Reached my doorstep 8.30pm. See! The above reasoning does work kay? I should patent this theory XD

And that's the end of the story, the journey but not the irony.



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home