Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

DC_0816


Her hair was long. Her hug was tight. Her cheeks were full and her smile was big. It was a camaraderie in the oddest of places.


For amongst the drips and white linen sheets, there were laughter. Loud bellowing laughters from all of us. The crowd were rowdy. The music too loud, but the nurses and patients were oblivious.

No death gloom nor the smell of antiseptics can dampen our party spirit. Party was the word I chose because we were really partying. There was alcohol and streamers and music. We were dancing and screaming and laughing. She may be on her bed, upstairs in the ward but I can feel her humming along the bass beats and tapping her finger along the bed railings. I don't remember the words you said to me, but I remember you saying it.

I hope you're telling me you are happy, cause that was the way the dream made me felt.
Funny, how we manage to meet again this way.
We miss you so.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home