Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


I remember why I love photography. Not because I can capture the moment. But because I can relate.

Telling a story through pictures and photos reflects my entirety. Because some things, emotions can never be articulated into words, phrases or sentences. An object or a person with its its surrounding works together to bring about that thought I want to express. A lot more simpler than typing out or forming those words in my head. I get lost for words more than you can imagine. I am never a good story teller to begin with. I can't tell a good story or my own story for that matter. The only thing I can talk with you is when you are down and you need help. Those are the only words that come to me naturally.

Pictures are versatile. And you get to re-interpret, mis-interpret or not interpret the meaning and significance of a photo however you want. I don't care. You see the world in your light as I see my world in my own light. Ambiguity. Yes, that is the word I like to describe myself.

Still moments and everyday objects each invoke a different nostalgia/emotion/memory in each individual. And perhaps that is why I just love looking at so many pictures.

Perhaps I should start taking stacks of pictures with me. So whenever some stranger come sitting at my coffee table, I'll just start flashing them like placards as part of a conversation. I wonder if they might think I'm mute/psycho/weird?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home